Momos, Santa Ana





Wednesday- Today we got up and got ready, we finished all of our studies and then waited a little bit for our comps to come finish divisions, they didnt catch a bus back, so we went to lunch and ate this grilled cauliflower, it was so so good and the first real food I've had in awhile. We then found 2 really nice families, and had a prayer with them and then came back to the house. We finished divisions and then my comp and I went to the internet to write our parents for an hour! It went really good, we then came back to our area and worked for about a hour!
Thursday -Today we woke up and we didnt have much clean clothes, and there is not someone that can wash them here, so we washed pretty much all of our clothes this morning, Im still crippled which sucks, so I just washed my white shirts with one hand, and the rest my comp finished for me, what a great comp! We then planned our week for this upcoming one, and that went really good, we got a lot planned and put a goal to baptize 3 people by the end of the month! After we went hiking like 1 hour and a half to this place called Pamamus, we went and visited a ton of people over there, it went really good, found a ton of people and they received us great! Over there the kids just ask us for our biblias or books, and always asking for money, its really hard to say no to a kid that is all dirty and has like one shoe on, but Im going to buy candy when we go to Xela so I can give them candy! But we just came back and did some studies to finish the night off!
Friday -Today we got up and took a bus to momos, then we took another one to Xela, I had to be in Xela because I had another meeting for the leaders, it went really good, we talked a lot about loving our districts, like actually caring about them and helping them, not just being leader, but caring for them. We then went to the office of the mission and got a few things from there! Later took a bus that took FOREVER, almost 3 hours to get back to our area, we didnt make the bus to Santa Ana, so we had to stay in the Zone Leaders house for the night!
Saturday -Today we got up and got ready then took a bus to our area, showered and prepared ourselves, then we did some studies and after went with a member, we walked for like almost two hours to an area, it went really good, we visited a lot of in active members and visited the little church over there, took pics and stuff so that we could show our president! Later we came back and visited a few less active members, it went really good, the spirit was really strong in some of the lessons, and I could just feel what they were going through and understand and help them or say what needed to be said, it was really cool!! We then visited an investigator that is progressing, he is really cool and nice, and understands everything! I cant wait to see his testimony change more and more!
Sunday- Today we got up and went right over to church, it went really good, only like 20 people showed today, my comp blessed the sacrament, while I lead hymns and helped pass the sacrament, it was really cool, a neat experience! These people are so dedicated to come to church even if it is a two hour walk, they always show up on time! The little kids here and the cutest, they might be a little crazy but they are so funny and have so much joy inside of them. We had a meeting with our mission leader after and he is super cool, he helps us out a lot! After we came to the house and ate some corn flakes cause thats all we got!! Haha We then left and gave the sacrament to a member that was sick, it went really good, we then shared a scripture about the mission work, and the spirit was amazing, we then left there and my comp had to go, haha, we ran like 15 min straight to the house and then after we went and visited some investigators, but a lot of them weren't there! We then knocked on a couple doors and didnt really find much. We came back and did our studies then got ready for tomorrow, because we will going everywhere tomorrow and tuesday!
But overall this week, was awesome!! Didnt really work in our area much, but I had a lot of really spiritually, but you know being in places like this really impacts me, I love it here, it is so fun to work here and help the people, I just want to love these people with everything I have, help them and serve them. It sucks having a broken thumb and not being able to do a few things, and its a struggle to do everything, but the patience, I learned it with my first comp, and now Im learning a different way of patience, just 3 more weeks, and I dont have to wear this thing!! BUt its going great here, we are helping out the ward a ton!! I love and miss all of you guys!!! Hope your week goes well!!
Elder Montoya
Fotos!!!!!!!!!
1.  This is the church in Tunayac that we are going to try and open again! Its a branch but we want to open it for these people out there, so that the people can go close by instead of like an hour away! Thats where we will baptize too!!
2. Went bowling today, me with my comp!!!!


Sorry, I don't have authority to rotate this pic apparently!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Buzz Cut

Extras / Week 5 #ProofOfLife

Extras: Week 11