1st Broken Bone, 1st Surgery - Pobrecito!





Monday- today we got up early and went to the church and played some soccer and basketball with the members, we came back got ready and left to Toto!! Its an hour and a half away, my comp and I got on a bus that was packed so we had to stand the whole time!! I was getting so sick, because the turns are crazy and we were holding ourselves from not falling on people!! We then got to Toto, we played basketball and soccer with our zone, it went really good and there was some sick goals!! Haha Anyways after we came all the way back here to Nahuala to write, and I couldn't facetime my parents because the internet was horrible!! We then went to Diego and Lucy{s to do a Noche de hogar, they gave us food and after and it was some of the best beans and rice Ive ever had!
Tuesday-Today we got up early and left to San Cristobal for our district meeting, it went really good we talked about our goals and data we had, and investigators that are struggling, so that went really great. We then had a little conference with President and our zone, we got a new thing to track our investigators and contacts, that went really good, he then fed us lunch after! Later we were going to have our interviews with president, but he said he couldn't cause something came up so, he just said he would do it on monday, but that's after we know what the changes are!! I was kind of angry about that...anyways we came back and started to go to work, we went with a couple of investigators but they weren't home so we just went with some members and helped strengthen their testimonies!
Wednesday- today we got up and I helped my comp learn some new soccer moves, he is definitely improving so that's good haha. We then went to that Catholic Nun and we met with her and she gave us a whole thing of granola bars because she couldn't eat them, later we talked about family history with her, and she was very interested in it, she wants to do it, so we have a date with her to come over and do it with her! I love her, shes like our grandma haha! We then had lunch and had this chow mein that was so dry, but we but some mayo in it and it was okay haha, we then met this kid that plays soccer and we juggled around with him and talked about why we are here and he wants us to come by and teach him, which is awesome! We then went with my recent convert Margarita and she just had her baby, its so tiny but so cute!!But it was good to talk with them and help them out!
Thursday- We got up and left to go visit some investigators, it went really good we taught them some lessons that went really good. We then went with some members and got some references with them and shared a spiritual thought. So it has been raining all day, but tonight started pouring, while we were walking back to the house I slipped in some mud and fell, tried to catch myself but jammed my thumb felt like. We came back to the house and it was pretty jammed, it was swelling and turning purple, I just put some ice and kept it elevated, then went to sleep.
Friday- We woke up and my comp made his famous fettuccine Alfredo for everyone in the house, my thumb was killing and was almost turning black and just really big, so I called our nurse, and she said to come into Xela to get X rays, we left and the bus ride sucked cause it was so bumpy. We got there took X rays and found out that my thumb was broken… so they were going to do surgery, I started my fast because I ate a cookie right before he asked me if I have eaten anything haha, so my surgery was for 8 at night, I waited, the senior missionaries came and brought us some cookies, my comp ate lunch, dinner and cookies in front of me! They came in and said they couldn't get a hold of my parents, so we would have to wait till tomorrow, I got to eat finally!!
Saturday- I could barely sleep ñast night cause of the pain and the nurse kept coming in every five min I swear and turning on the light haha, anyways at 11 i went in for surgey and they didnt knock me out fully, they just numbed my whole left arm and I basically watched them do suregy haha, it was pretty cool! My comp got to be in there too!! I got out and my president came and brought burger king, he let me call my parents and that went really good. I still couldnt eat yet, after two hours, I grabbed my burger king and destroyed it cause I was so hungry! They came in and said I wasnt supposed to eat it haha, but oh well, I didnt feel sick. So we got permission to watch Coco we probably watched it more than seven times haha, we were so bored!!
Sunday Again it was hard to sleep!! We got up and chilled for a bit, we were supposed to get let out in the morning but the doc didnt show up, we chilled till like 3 and finally they came in and released us, finally we are free!! We left to get the meds, then we came back to our area, bus rides suck when you just had surgery!!! We came back and visited some members, then we got the call from our leaders that I have changes!!! Kind of mad cause I dont know how Im going to do it, if I can't lift anything up!!
Anyways it was a great week, my first surgery, my first broken bone all in a different country!!! But Im still loving it out here and loving the mission I will continue working hard and saving these souls!! I miss and love you guys, especially my parents I missed them a lot this week!! Have a great week, until next time!!
Elder Montoya         

fotos-- 
1. so this is the normal walk for us.....
2. a nice few with a members house!!
3. My thumb before I knew it was broken!
4. Hospital





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Buzz Cut

Extras / Week 5 #ProofOfLife

Extras: Week 11