Week 27: Christmas

Monday- Today we got up and we went to the church and cooked a bunch of food with the missionaries in my district and had a little breakfast with them, then later we wrote our families, and got to see videos from the other zone{s talent show, then we ate lunch and had some tamales, later we tried to get our haircuts but there was such a long line. Later we visited like 4 families, in each house they gave us tamales… by the end of the night it was great but uhh we were in a food coma haha. We came back to the house, and the tradition here in central america, is to stay up past midnight, like New Years eve, my comp and I slept like an hour and a half, then we got up and opened our stockings my mom got us, watched the fireworks outside, then went back to sleep haha.
Tuesday- we got up and we got presents ready for our converts. We hiked all the way out there, we gave them the presents, I gave Yensi a coloring book and some crayons, then esturado, I gave him a shirt and tie my mom sent me! Then gave them both legos, they were so happy because that was the only thing they got for christmas and they started playing with them right away!! It was such a great experience!! We then came back and had lunch with Hma Mimi, my grandma here haha, we got to have lunch with her whole family and meet every single person then we had  spiritual thought after and that went really good, the spirit was so strong!! Later we picked up some laptops from a member, then went to church to skype our fams! And wow, that was such a great present to see my family and actually talk to them, I also got to see my aunt and cousin!! But it was such a great time but really hard, not just because I miss them, but I could not talk in english haha, but my brothers voice has changed so much and it was so funny to me! But it was great to see them!! I love them!!! Then we went and visited the bishop after and talked to him for a little bit, then came back to the house and some hot chocolate.
Wednesday-Today we got up and we left to our district meeting, we had some announcements from our zone leaders, then they gave us a card from the first presidency, it was really cool. Then we had our district meeting and later we got together as a zone, and we exchanged gifts, I got a Manchester United Jersey from one of my good friends!! We then had lunch together, then later my comp and I visited a bunch of families because most of our investigators are gone on trips, but visited with some ward members and got some references.
Thursday-We got up and got ready, we then planned our week for next week, that went really good. Later we went to a members house, and we helped them make lunch and we had lunch with them. Then we visited a bunch of new people and knocked on doors for a bit. I love that because, the spirit is a big influence on that. When we don't know what door to knock on, we have a little prayer and just follow the spirit and we meet someone new and they let us in! We then came back and told stories of our childhood!
Friday -Today we went to members house to do some service, we painted some rooms, then met with the secretaries, we went to the house of the ward La Vina and closed it, we took all the things out and loaded it into a truck, after we to lunch with a member out of our ward boundaries, they took us to a restaurant and ordered us these huge hamburgers!!!IT was so good, we got to visit with their son who just got back from his mission. Later we visited our recent converts! Then we had a noche de hogar with this awesome family!!!
Saturday Today we got up and we went and visited some investigators, it went really good, we taught the first lesson and had a great time with them, the spirit was really really strong!! LAter in the night we had some noche de hogares with some members and references, that went really good, I shared a spiritual thought about lighting the world and the scriptures, and it feels so good, that I can actually talk and explain things simply!!!
Domingo Today we got up and we went to church, today is the last day for 3 hour church!!! Crazy!! But a bunch of youth bore their testimony about how SOY was and it is just EFY but called different, they had a big influence of the spirit in their lives while their!! We then got to go to the other wards sacrament meeting because we are in charge of them! Later we went and visited some widows and talked with them for a bit! Then we had a noche de hogar with one of our investigators, the rockstar! It went really good and he wanted to learn more, it has been so hard with him but this time he seemed interested.
I'm learning so much every week and getting better and better at teaching and talking, I'm loving it out here, this week was hard not spending time with my family, but I got to see them, and that was so so good!! The lord has been there a lot for me this week, and I just want all you to know that you guys can pray to him anytime and anywhere and he will always answer your prayers and he will always listen!! But you also need to have faith that he will and faith in him. I love all you guys and hope you had a great christmas and happy new year!!! Have a great week!!
Elder Montoya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Buzz Cut

Extras / Week 5 #ProofOfLife

Extras: Week 11