Week 8: Cow Eyeballs and 1st Blessing in Spanish



Tuesday, today was a good day we woke up and had to do personal study and then take a bus to the stake meeting house, we had district with the other missionaries in our district. We talked about all our goals and other things, I didn't understand a whole lot, but I'm getting better at it. We then had to walk all the way back, and got lunch. We then had companion and language study. It started to pour, we were making appointments on the phone for the next few days and then we had to leave to do some visits. And it was pouring, the first house didn't answer. Then the second house was Hermana Rosario and she has a big family that isn't members, but she is. We taught a lesson to some of her family, then she has a broken foot that hasn't been healing, so she asked for a blessing, I was hoping to do the first part, but my companion just started doing it. Then I had to give my first blessing in Spanish, it was really cool, my Spanish is not good, but I think I said the right things that she needed to hear,and the spirit was really strong! She was very thankful. We then taught one of our investigators, Eric he is a cool guy and we had a really good lesson on the plan of salvation.

Wednesday- I forgot I haven't told you guys about the showers, our shower is a shower but has wires at the top to try to make it warm but its always freezing cold, so taking showers is not fun, and you have to hold your breath because the water is really bad for you. Crazy! Today we had our studying time in the morning. Then we went out proselytizing, after we had interviews with our president and he talked to me, and ended it with a really cool prayer. Then I talked to his wife after, they are so nice! After interviews we went out to teach lessons, We went to Hermana Rosarios again and she had a friend over and we watched a cool video about our church then, Hma Rosario, my companion and I all bore testimony and gave her a book of mormon, it was a really neat experience. After we met with Josue and talked to him about temples and what we do in them. After we went over plans for his baptism next week! I can't wait!! He also picked my companion to baptize him. I´ll post them!

Thursday- Today we had study time in the morning and I was getting really frustrated with my companion but I just thought of what my dad said to do if that happened. And it was to serve them, so I did and it worked I wasn't frustrated and he wasn't either. We then got to go to the church with Josue and make invitations for the baptism next Saturday for him, after we kind of played a little soccer with him and some youth. We came back to our house late and we were starving, and then a lady from the world called and said she had hamburgers and fries for us! I can´t tell you how happy I was, they were so good!!

Friday- Today we ate the same sister's house that made us hamburgers last night. And she made it again! So good! After we came back to our house and it started to pour, it comes down like crazy here! We had to walk to the church and we got soaked, the roads are for real like rivers, haha, after we had some visits and got to meet some new people, it pretty much rained all day and it is still raining! We ordered pizza and it was heaven!

Saturday- We woke up and my companion had been up all night sick, and he was sick the whole morning, so I just kind of studied by myself. We then had a meeting with Josue and then our District leader interviewed him and he is good for next Saturday! I can't wait!! We then visited families the rest of the night and it went really well. One of the families fed us, and they gave us cow eyes and cow something else, haha, then a drink that is made from cows - it wasn't that bad actually. We walked home, and it is kind of scary on Saturdays cause its when all the drunks are out, but we made home safe and sound.

Sunday- We woke up and we had church at 8, when we got there, the bishop called me up to bear my testimony! It went good, after church we had like two meetings with some of the ward council. Later this lady made us lunch and ohhh! it was so good, it good old steak and corn and mashed potatoes! Then, later in the night we had, it gets dark here at like 6, and we walk in the dark a lot, but tonight, we were walking to a family's house and 8 dogs surrounded us and were barking and growling, I thought we were done for, then a car came by and we got away! Haha but we met with this family that is so nice and they made us cake! That was the day.
It has been a great week, sometimes I got a little frustrated but I'm doing well, till next time. Love and miss all of you!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Buzz Cut

Extras / Week 5 #ProofOfLife

Farewell