Week 9 - 1st Baptism


Monday-It is our P’day, we got up and had to hike our laundry to this lady, then after we met up with our district and we went on a hike close to the mountain I went to last P-day, after we got food and got to write! Later we had to help someone move a washing station into their house and it took 8 of us, it was really heavy! But we managed to get it in.

Tuesday- we woke up and we had a district meeting, after the meeting we had divisions. Divisions are when you go with another missionary for 24 hours, I got to be companions with Elder Norales, he is from Honduras, and he's 24, he knows so much about the gospel and scriptures. He taught me a lot during the day, and helped teach me how to teach. He made me some really good Honduran food, so so good.

Wednesday-I got to come back to my companion today, we got to go to this store today to get food, because we literally don´t have any food in our house, but after talking to E. Norales yesterday, he is the Zone leader and gave permission to us, to get food today. I was so happy!! After we met with Josue and went over final things for his baptism. Then we met with the family that owns our house, and they are members but not active and we invited to them church and talked about how the Priesthood can bless their lives, Really good lesson, Brother Alan is actually a retired Professional Soccer player for Guatemala, he teaches classes in his house in his kitchen haha, he is really good, I love talking soccer with him.

Thursday- We woke up and I woke up on time, and did some workouts, then we had our study time. The Book of Mormon is my favorite, I love reading from it. Then we had a kid from the ward that is 19 come and teach with us today. He wants to serve a mission and got permission to come with us and see what it is like. He is pretty cool, and has a big testimony. We didn't get a whole lot of visits because people weren't home or they were busy. We went to church for an appt with the Ward mission leader, we came out and one of our investigators was playing basketball, so we shot around with him for a bit. That was well needed, I miss shooting a basketball. Later in the evening the ward had a activity and they had people share testimonies, share a message, and then we watched a video about their ward. They had tostadas for their treat and then we came back to our house and called people for the baptism.

Friday-Today we woke up and I taught my companion some workouts haha, after we had our study time. Then we helped the people below us with getting water. They have a well, that we throw a couple of buckets down and then pull them up, it is a pretty good workout haha, its a long way down. After we went and tried to visit with some families but they were not home. We then came back and I got a bloody nose and my companion like flipped and called the nurses for some reason_ I called them back and told them not to worry because I've gotten bloody noses before and it's fine haha, then my companion got mad at me, and we didn't really talk for awhile, then we met with this lady and we started talking to each other again and it was fine. Not the best of day, but you have those days.

Saturday-Josue's baptism!! We woke up and had our regular study, then we went to the church to fill the font, and there was only one jet working so it was going slow, it was almost filled enough for someone to be baptized and then the water turned off. The water and the power go out so much here. Anyways we were just going to have to send it haha. My comp baptized and I was a witness, it went well! He bore his testimony after and thanked us for being a blessing in his life, it was awesome, I can´t wait for more! After we had tamales and cake from a lady in the ward. Then we ate the Lopez families house, and we had some really good beans and eggs. Today was awesome and it was so nice to see Josue baptized!

--Food - The food here is pretty good. Most of it is just beans,eggs,chicken,corn tortillas, and cow meat. But I've had things called garnachas and they are like mini tamales, they have this drink called cafe de maiz, it smells like coffee, looks like coffee, but it´s really good for you and it's not coffee. Everyone drinks it down here, and it is so good, even our president serves it to us haha. There are lots of other great things that I will explain in other emails!

Sunday- Today we got to confirm Josue at church, it was really cool! After church we ate lunch at this lady's house from the ward, and she made us some good quesadillas, later all of our appts were bailing on us, then we went to one, and they invited us in to have dinner. She made us some really good eggs, and chicken. We then had a really good lesson with them.

--Animals/Bugs -  Okay little bit about this stuff, dogs are everywhere, there are many puppies, too. Cats I see every now and then. Lots of chickens and roosters. Lots of cows, sheep, and pigs. I have seen so many different colored lizards here, its really cool. Many different types of colorful birds as well. For bugs, the ants here are devilish. I swear they have like 5 lives, they look like spiders almost and they are everywhere you go. Spiders there is many but they don´t really come near you, but I've seen some big spiders and they aren't even tarantulas. Centipedes. Centipedes are everywhere in our house, they aren't just the little ones, they are these big black things that crawl everywhere! We have to check our shoes and beds before we use them because of them. Killing them is horrible too. Overall I love it here, and I can´t wait to baptize more people and have people come into our church. We might get another date for a baptism this week! I hope you are all doing good and I miss and love all you guys!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Buzz Cut

Extras / Week 5 #ProofOfLife

Farewell