Week 4: Feeling healthy and Four Square

Josh's letter from week 4!

Wednesday - We played sports for awhile today,and then we got to help our new missionaries in our room bring their stuff up. There names are Elder McNeil and Elder Blair. They are both from Utah and they are pretty cool and chill. We got to keep our same teachers, thankfully. We then had to teach our investigator then we just chilled the rest of the night, talking with the new guys. They didn't even get their haircut today and it makes us all mad. There is now 6 of us in our room.

Thursday- We went through our usual schedule. We got a new room for our classroom and it has a A/C unit. We turned it way up so that we could wear our sweaters and it was really fun haha. We then had a pop up teaching lesson with 4 students from an English speaking class and we had to go in and teach them and get to know them. It was really cool cause we could actually talk to them. Then we just learned new things in Spanish.

Friday-- We played sports and there are so many people in the area, because of all the new guys, anyways we played a huge tornado game, which was really fun. I was taught different language lessons today and it was really good, I learned a lot. We then had to teach the Latino missionaries tonight about different stuff.

Saturday--Today we had a busy, but awesome day. We started to have personal study, then we taught our investigator. It was really nice and I got to share a personal experience. We then had the awesome opportunity -that hasn't happened here for 4 years - we got to go outside the CCM and teach people! It was so awesome. Everyone here is so nice and will actually listen to you. My companion and I gave out 2 Book of Mormons and got their personal info and then we just got to talk to a lot of people and get to know them. It was such a great experience. We then had classes afterwards and it was such a great day.
Sunday-- We had personal study and then had priesthood and sacrament meeting. And in sacrament meeting they call you on the spot to give a talk. We haven't been called yet and it is nerve wracking, haha, but it is really awesome to hear people's stories and their testimonies. Then we had two devotionals after that talked about patience that were really good. Then we watched a video about prayer and then we got to watch Meet the Mormons. It was so awesome but the end where they show the missionary leaving and hugging his family at the airport destroyed everyone of us, especially the ones from Utah, because it was our airport, it kind of sucked but it was really good to watch.

Monday- We had sports and we had a four square tournament which was really fun. We had a lot of lessons today and it was a really slow day, but we had to teach our investigator tonight and we went in with no notes or anything and were able to talk to him about the Family Proclamation and I shared a personal experience from my memory and knowledge of the language about how my dad gave me a blessing before I left and how it has been helping me and how now that I am out here, I'm blessing my family as I serve and how they pray for me and how I pray for them. It was really awesome. The gift of tongues is a real thing and it really works especially when the spirit is around.

Tuesday-- It was a really chill day, we had regular classes and then were taught how to teach the commandments and it was really cool and fun. We then had a devotional tonight and it was really good, the east president came and taught us about exact obedience and gave us really good tips that helped me a lot. It was really cool and well needed.


Overall this week has been awesome and I feel so much better. I have been advancing in the language. I only have two more weeks until the field. I cannot wait to get out of here, haha. I love and miss all of you and hope you are all doing well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Buzz Cut

Extras / Week 5 #ProofOfLife

Extras: Week 11