Week 3: Fevers and the Zoo


Josh's Week 3 letter (7/12/2018 - 7/17/2018)



Thursday- Today we woke up and played sports and it was really fun cause we played with the Latinos and it was super fun. Then we had language study and personal study. Later we taught Tyler tonight and it went pretty well. We gave him stuff to read. Later we told stories of what we did back home with our district and it was really fun. Today went well and I feel like I'm learning a lot more.



Friday - We did the normal schedule today and then were taught different grammar lessons which was cool. We then had a workshop on the gift of tongues and it was really good to hear. It was a good overall day.

Saturday - Last night was hard, because I got a sore throat and kept waking up in the middle of the night. But we had personal study and stuff. Today has kind of been hard I've had a fever and just  have felt weak all day. We did this thing called TRC and got to teach people from the outside, like off the streets and it was cool to talk and get to know them. It made me more confident in my Spanish haha. Tonight was awesome lots of cool experiences with that. But I just felt kind of sick all night but it's alright.

Sunday - Today I slept okay, then we had meetings and then we had priesthood meeting that was really cool, and then we had sacrament meeting which was fun to hear from some missionaries leaving this week. It was sad, but it was nice to hear their testimonies. We then had really good talks by our president after lunch, then we had dinner, and watched two videos that were about Joseph Smith building our church's gospel, and it was really awesome and well needed. That night when we came back up to the room, I asked my companion and roommates for a blessing and it really helped. I felt a lot better.  

Monday - We got up and did the normal morning routine, then we were able to teach Nick. My companion and I went in with no lesson. We didn't have anything written down, and we taught him about feeling the spirit and prayer and we did it all from knowledge it was really cool, and you could definitely feel the spirit, it was really awesome. I felt so good afterwards. We then had a really cool lesson by our teacher that helped better improve our language. Overall it was a great day.
Tuesday - Today we woke up and all the missionaries that have been here for their six weeks and the natives for their three weeks all left this morning. There weren't many, but it was sad to say goodbye. We get brand new greenies tomorrow morning and I can't wait to tell them they have to get a haircut, haha. We went to the temple this morning and it was really neat, after our session, me and my companion went out to the temple grounds and met this guy named Darian and he was so nice. We talked to him for like half an hour while we waited for the rest of our group to come out, it was really cool and we learned about his life and spoke Spanish with him. We then got to go to the zoo, and it was awesome they have panthers, pumas, different snakes and big spiders, lots of monkeys that aren't in cages, it was really cool. There were lots of different, cool birds as well. We then went to a market afterwards, but I did not get anything because I'll get it in my mission field. There were lots of really cool hammocks. Then we got to go to Wendy's, their four for fours are only two American dollars! Haha, so it was nice to eat some fast food.

That's pretty much it, Spanish has been getting better and I'm understanding a lot more and getting bigger vocabulary. I still feel kinda sick, but ill get through it. Love and miss you guys.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Buzz Cut

Extras / Week 5 #ProofOfLife

Extras: Week 11