Skip to main content

Extras / Week 2


As you can see from the last couple of emails, Josh is a little vague, so I needed more details.  Here are a few of the questions and answers.  He feels that he is growing spiritually and learning the language.



1. Do you have classes with or see the sister missionaries ever?  Yes, I have three sisters in my district and there are lots here at the MTC. But we can't really do things with them. There's this one really cute girl, we call "Satanas" cause she always tries to flirt with us.  But we just say it to each other, not to her.

2. Did you ever meet Kaitlyn, the girl who was entering the MTC the same day that you were going to look for @ the airport?  Yes, but we don't really talk because she is in another district.

3.  I’ve been worrying about you, having nightmares since you said you were stressed multiple times in different ways in your last email. I dream I go down to Guatemala to make sure you’re okay.  Are you really okay? Are you loving some of it?  Yeah I'm really okay, like sometimes its really hard, but I just get through it. I am having lots of fun and enjoying it. The experiences are awesome.

4.  I will send a package to be delivered August 8th.  This is what you’ve asked for:
-Filtered water bottle (life straw is what I was planning on, do you want just one?)
-Sheets (Twin?  Long? Can you not buy them there?)
-Food requests:
-High top hiking boots (ask around, do you need these?  All blogs/Mom fb groups from Guatemala missions say you need an extra pair so one can dry since they won’t dry overnight) - yes, no, or wait?
Yes for the bottle, and yes on the sheets, probably twin size. And snacks just some snacks that I love idc, anything. Then i think wait on the hiking boots until i ask around more and ill let you know. Please send pictures or like a book full of pictures. 

5.  What is the humidity like?  The humidity is not bad at all, just when you get out of the shower you are like damp all the time.

6.  Have you opened any of your envelopes?  If so, did you love them?  Do you want more in your August package?  Yes I have opened like 4, it's like sometimes I'm feeling all those letters haha, but I want to save them. And yes I want more, that would be nice. Thank you and they really help.

7.  Do you miss googling things or do you rely on the spirit completely now?  Uh, I miss googling things haha, especially for Spanish. 

8. Dad had a nightmare that you were sad and sleeping on the floor on a thin mattress and that you didn’t want to be there.  What are you sleeping on? A bunk bed, right?  Yes, a bunk bed, and they are actually pretty nice. The room itself is nice and going to sleep is no problem for me.

9. Does it make it hard for you when/if we say we miss you?  Dad thinks it does. But I kinda think if you didn’t know we missed you, that might make you even more sad!  We’re excited and proud of you.  But it’s a sacrifice to let my baby go and serve so far away.  Just sayin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Buzz Cut

Extras / Week 5 #ProofOfLife

Extras: Week 11